Adolescents - Outpatient
Comprehensive Outpatient Behavioral Services (COBS)
South Oaks Hospital has recognized that the communities on Long Island require more outpatient services with greater accessibility for our children and adolescents. The Comprehensive Outpatient Behavioral Services (COBS) Program at South Oaks has addressed these needs. As another level in the continuum of services offered by South Oaks and North Shore-LIJ, COBS provides families with a seamless transition between services as each individual and their family return to the community. COBS has developed a holistic approach to treatment that helps to bridge the road between the homes and schools, agencies and primary care providers.
Our clinicians and caring staff know that when we are treating a family member we are treating the whole family. Upon admission to COBS each individual and their family is offered in home therapeutic services, medication management and outpatient care. Additionally we provide:
- Comprehensive emotional and behavioral assessments for children and adolescents
- Diagnosis and assessment for appropriate services
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management services
- Family education and support relating to the child’s needs
- Individualized, evidence-based treatment to help develop coping strategies and social skills in a healing environment
- Multi-modal therapeutic services which include individual, group and family sessions both at home and at our facility
- Liaison with primary care providers, referral sources and schools
In addition to our emotional and behavioral health services we also provide services to individuals until age 21 who also struggle with addiction and substance use disorders through individual, group and family work.
COBS innovative services are available six days a week, Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 9:00pm, and Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Please feel free to contact us at 631-608-5900.
Comprehensive Outpatient Behavioral Health Service