Welcome to South Oaks Hospital Medical Records Department
All requests for medical records must be made in writing and all requests require 7-10 days to process. Please request only what is necessary as you will be charged $0.75 per page for copying when requesting records. Kindly click here to download the release form. To better assist you, please see steps below in completing the form.
Also available is a Discharge Summary which includes the following information; Reason for Admission, Laboratory Studies, Course in Hospital, Diagnosis and Aftercare. This Discharge Summary will be sufficient for most needs and the fee for this summary of your stay is $10.00.
- Please note that if you are requesting records to be sent to your next treatment provider there will be no charge for the release of your discharge summary/s to that provider.
To assist you in completing the form, follow these steps:
- Download the release form and complete it in its entirety.
Make sure to include:
- Full name and date of birth
- Your current address
- To whom the records are to be sent (Name, address, telephone and fax numbers) in #7
- Specific information to be released (#8). Be sure to initial in section 8 (right side) the appropriate information to be released (Alcohol/Drug Treatment, Mental Health Related Information, and/or HIV-Related Information). If you do not initial this section, and your records contain any of this information, we will be unable to release them.
- Be sure to sign and date at the bottom near the “X”.
- Once completed you can:
- Fax us the form at: 631-264-4221
- Scan the signed form and email to us at:
- Mail it to:
South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway
Amityville NY 11701
Attn: Medical Records
- Or you may present your release in person at South Oaks Hospital, Valentine Hall, and ask the receptionist to call a representative from the Medical Records Department.
If you should have any questions or request additional information, email us directly at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Medical Records Department is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Requests will be processed within 7-10 business days, as per New York State Law. If the records are being sent to a facility or to a treatment provider, there is no fee and we will send the records as quickly as possible. If you are requesting the records for yourself or for any other non-patient care request, we will process the request and notify the receiving party of the fee amount. Once payment is received the records will be promptly sent out.